~~What I'm Listening To As I Write~~

Thursday, August 4, 2011

We Hate You Please Die

"This one's called We Hate You Please Die."


(I am still listening to The Antlers and The National obsessively, FYI) First of all, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a terrific movie. The way it was directed was pretty much genius. Of course, the Scott Pilgrim books are better, but the movie wasn't disappointing compared to the books, like most book-based movies (good luck following that sentence). Second, the soundtrack from the movie is also terrific. Thank you Nigel and Beck. And others.

COKE VS PEPSI
I am mostly writing this to really annoy one of my blog readers (sorry man), but here goes. So which is better, Coke or Pepsi? The obvious answer is coke. That is all.

On a side note, Dr. Pepper is better than both of those, by a lot, so it is not even worth putting it in the poll.

I'm going to try to drive a manual car again today. Everyone says it's easy but that's because those people have been driving cars since before they were out of diapers. So I'm at a disadvantage here. Because I followed the law and waiting until I had a permit to drive.
You know, before I got my permit, I was asked by my driver's ed instructor what kind of car I drive. "What kind of car do you drive?" "Yeah, I don't drive. You know that law? In the United States? Where you can't drive a car until you have a permit? Yeah, I follow that."
ANYWAY. So apparently it's some unspoken rule that everyone in this beach town I live in is supposed to own and drive their own car before they can even use the toilet. Oh darn.
The most important thing about this entire experience though is that when I learn how to drive this car, I will be a boss because I can drive a manual. I've already driven it a couple times, just got to get the hang of it now.


1 comment: