~~What I'm Listening To As I Write~~

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A common album phase for indie-lovers everywhere.

"I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU, YES I DO."

Apparently everyone goes through this album and eats it right up. And by everyone, I mean people who love indie. Basically I really like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, a lot. I usually like things with less lyrical emphasis; quieter lyrics that don't overpower. But in this album Mangum is a very loud and prominent singer and some may find it overbearing and annoying. Refer to above quote.

But for some reason I find the singing enchanting and it fits the style of the music really well.

I even learned the riff to The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1. It's not much but it still makes me happy.

Basically this is an album I love to blast in my car when I have to drive for quite a while so that I can sing loudly and happily to abstract and sometimes nonsensical lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment