~~What I'm Listening To As I Write~~

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm not usually like this.

So at the moment I'm phasing through Dido like crazy. Ok, I've always loved Dido, ever since I was a little kid. But to be listening to it obsessively... This is a little abnormal.

Don't Leave Home

When I listen to Dido, it means at least 4 things;
-I am feeling defiant in some way.
-My feminist side is showing. I am angry about something sexist most likely.
-I am weirdly emotional in the most girly way possible.
-I am thinking of someone. Someone important to me.

Thank You

Of all the music I listen to, about 5 or 6% of the music is sung by female singers. Most female voices kill me inside (all pop music) because the voices are nasally and whiny and 6 octaves above normal voice range. Dido's voice is a in a very soothing range, and her voice sounds like real singing. I can sing along and match the wispy tone in her voice perfectly. Beautiful.

See You When You're 40

The slowness of her music is perfect for emotional moods. I can almost cry during a few of her songs. Almost. Not quite, but close.

See The Sun

And at this moment, the thoughts in my head scream "I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU." And BOOM. Dido solves that problem. If the problem can be solved anyway. Ok, maybe it doesn't solve anything. It just makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment